FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old May 4, 2014, 9:13 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by padirescu
I hear what you're saying but my experience as a PP vs. Plat has been distinctly different in regards to upgrades. I dropped back to LT Plat this year since I double dipped into Starwood more last year and at least thus far it has been very disappointing. As a PP for the past 5 years I was regularly upgraded to suites, concierge, larger rooms, etc without having to request it. As a LT Plat this year I have to go out of my way to ask if there's anything available on the Concierge level (fully knowing there is) in order to get an upgrade.

I do agree though that MR should establish another official tier above Plat given what I believe are saturated ranks these days.
I've been PP for several years and have yet to get an upgrade to a suite in a Marriott family hotel (versus much different experiences with SPG and Hyatt). I've been given nice rooms with views on club floors but nothing more, IIRC not even a junior suite.