FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Montreal Le Meridien [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2014, 8:31 am
Seat 1F

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by sbtinme
It feels really more like a blend of a chain hotel and a boutique hotel from 1985 to me. I like some of its charms, but it has a terrifically small lobby (lobbyette?) that can make one's arrival to the property seem very frenetic if there are more than 12 folks in the lobby area.
+1

I'm currently at this property on my second stay here in a month. Its true that the arrival experience is underwhelming (I thought the taxi had dropped me off at a back entrance) and the lobby is small. The elevators are small and the guest room floor corridors are narrow and in some disrepair (think chipping paint and stained carpets). Having said that, I found both rooms that I was given to be very comfortable and roomy. Rooms are nicely decorated and in good condition. Oh....and the price is right here. I snagged a great deal for the weekend.

One major fail to report though: I ended up attempting to try breakfast in the restaurant this morning (it was raining outside and I didn't want to go out and get wet). Hardly anyone in the restaurant when I arrived. One waitress who was totally incompetent and basically ignored me (even though there were only two other tables of people there). I ordered coffee which she said she would get and also bring me a menu. After ten minutes, neither arrived. I gave up and walked out.

The RIDI restaurant may be perfectly nice for a dinner experience....but it was a total fail for breakfast.

Overall, I kind of like this property. It is kind of quirky and has some personality. If one can get a good rate, its worth staying here and overlooking some of its shortcomings.