FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Amanresorts, GHM & Ahn Luh Development (2014 Edition)
Old May 3, 2014, 3:53 am
LuxuryRogue
Suspended

Originally Posted by 5khours
You said, there are other "groups". What are they?
Admittedly, I am not a native English speaker, but to the best of my knowledge the term "group" is not limited to online.

I am hinting at peer groups such as business clubs, golf clubs, boardroom colleagues, co-investors, regular social festivities (F1 races, charity balls, Oscars parties, investor conferences, New Year in St. Moritz, ...) Opinions within those groups have a lot of relevance, even if below the "public" level.

While the opinions on FT luxury are relevant to some (including myself who likes to get hotel industry info here from time to time), the share of voice of this forum is so negligible that none of these big players would ever, in his right mind, react to anything mentioned about him/her in this forum.

Omar, Johan, Vladimir, Richard B,, please step forward and correct me if I'm wrong. (and get a slap from your PR manager later )

I am a fan of some on this forum, but things need to be put in perspective.

What puts me off, is some "virtual nobodies" criticising the "real life big guys" as "arrogant" (the word itself means to stick out!), "nouveau riche" (as if that wouldn't be more meritable than just inheriting) or "not getting it" or "Russian" or ".........s" or whatever other term I learned on FT. Almost seems like a language therapy group of the "anonymics anoymous".

If one of the Amanjunkies here is so much better suited than Eliasch/Doronin to run it, go and buy Aman from them ! I am optimistic about them getting the job done. ^

Last edited by LuxuryRogue; May 3, 2014 at 3:58 am Reason: how funny: the term douche - bag above was auto-deleted :-)