FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old May 1, 2014, 11:33 pm
fauspe

which strategy to maximize value of *A + OW (Singapore based)

Hello, have been reading this great forum for quite some time and learned a great deal of information however still couldnt figure out best strategy to maximize value of the miles i will fly from Singapore.

Some key information:
1) What do i look for in a FFP?
good award redemption rates (trying to avoid fuel surcharges), lounge access, upgrades

(2) Flying pattern and frequency
35000-55000 miles,
- mostly in economy within Asia with occasional longhaul business class travel 1-2 times per year to Europe
- choosing cheapest available fare for personal travel.

(3) What is your home airport?
Singapore

After evaluating pros and cons of each my current thinking is the following:

- Credit my *A flown miles (mainly on SQ/TG/TK) to MileagePlus UA account

- Credit my OW flown miles (mainly on QR/BA/QF/CX) to Aadvantage AA account (+ crediting Etihad miles)

- Credit card expenses to BA executive club (no choice of crediting to MP or AA, only other choice would be KF)

problem with this is that i will have 3 separate buckets of miles (and little chance of *A gold or OW Sapphire) but i couldnt figure out a better strategy so far. I have considered to use the KF as the program for both credit card and *A accrual but saw more cons than pros. Should i also re-consider to have BAEC as the only OW account?

your inputs and comments are very much welcome!thanks!