FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: LUS: US Companion Certificates [use by 31 Dec 2015]
Old May 1, 2014, 4:33 pm
diver858

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Received our CC anniversary Companion passes yesterday (Apr 30), which we have been planning to use for a leisure trip SAN-MSY at the end of Oct.

As indicated earlier, I was a bit concerned with the lack of US metal options on the US website, higher fares relative to AA options - particularly for a Sunday (Nov 2). Least of the evils was a one-stop through CLT (both directions), redeye outbound (Oct 29). Total fare for one passenger was $1089, approx $250 more than similar options on AA. As this appears to be the going rate for SAN-MSY, we decided to quit while we were ahead, called to book.
1. CSR confirmed that certs are ONLY good on US metal.
2. CSR was originally unable to located ANY flights on US metal, I gave her the flights found online, came up to $1800 on her system She then called the rate desk, kept me on hold for about 10 mins, was able to "match" the web fare. All in with the fees - $1229. Not the best deal in the world, but I do not have the time, patience to watch it for several months, all indications are that it will only go up.