FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old May 1, 2014, 10:12 am
kennycrudup

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by padirescu
... but my experience as a PP vs. Plat has been distinctly different in regards to upgrades. ... As a PP for the past 5 years I was regularly upgraded to suites, concierge, larger rooms, etc without having to request it.
YMMV, then; perhaps it's 'cause I've been working in larger, elite-heavy cities but it's been my experience with Marriott (and this is something I've said many times here on FT) that I've never gotten anything out of the ordinary unless I've explicitly asked for it, and this is my 2nd year as PP.

I know the MR reservation system doesn't automatically assign according to status, as I'm usually checking in late in the day (9-10 PM, and I sometimes indicate this when I make the reservation) and the room I get seems to be of the "whatever we have left" variety, despite my having made the reservation at least a week in advance.

I tend to stay at properties more than once and once they know I'm here they'll usually hook me up on the subsequent visits, but I'd really wish MR would do space-positive upgrades for PP.