FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bonus points for club lounge closed
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2014, 8:47 am
thegrailer

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Can this be broadcast the the phone agents? I spent ~30 min on the phone yesterday trying explain policy recited here on FT and then to direct the CS folks to one of GPC's FT posts on this subject.

Condensed Version:
One recent weekend night in Reston - a first closed lounge for me. I called Hyatt CS and asked for the points but the agent said no go. The agent noted that if the lounge is scheduled to be closed - Reston's is on the weekends - then the 2,500 points for a closed lounge is not awarded. I asked for the agent to double check. The agent put me on hold and a few minutes later came back to tell me that policy says it's a no go. I mentioned FT and tried to direct the agent to one of the GPC's posts about closed lounge points. That didn't work well. The agent offered me the 2,500 points anyways (a nice offer on Hyatt's part) but I didn't want special favors or a note in my file stating how I was provided a special favor. The agent went to get a supervisor and I sat on a hold again. The agent comes back and says "oh yea, you do get the points" (paraphrased). All in all a good result but way too much time spent on the issue

As an aside, what a nice and friendly CS agent. She spent a lot of time with me trying to figure out 1) what the actual policy is for a closed lounge and 2) how she could help me out otherwise. ^^^

Second aside, I asked about the closed lounge points at the hotel and my inquiry was summarily dismissed by the check in agent.

Cheers -

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! I just wanted to provide some clarification about the 2,500 bonus has not been changed. If you the Club is closed, you will be awarded 2,500 bonus points.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thanks,

Dana M.