FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2014, 2:55 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Majuki
When did the 2x breakfast for Plats start? My wife and I went there about a year ago, and we were only given one breakfast coupon per day, the 25% food and beverage discount, and the Mai Tai drink. We doubled up on the breakfast coupons and just did Seattle's Best the rest of the mornings.
Just had a stay last week at both properties (if it weren't for BRG I wouldn't return)

Yes its 1x a day for Golds- but asked if there was any way of waiving the 'mandatory resort fee' of $30 (went up from $25). Nope. I then inquired if I could have a 2nd one for my sister (staying 1 night) and this was fine. Breakfast had some limited Japanese options- plus an omelet bar with Portuguese Sausage as an option ^ but overall was meh. Juices seemed from concentrate and other hot options not too special. I think it retails for $24.95 which is crazy! Found surface parking on the Diamondhead side of the bldng. Comp Mai Tai was weak too. They have a program too now with DVD/Blu Ray rentals included for elites- kind of odd, but worked (located in Laundry for one tower)

CY was next night (better rate) but the bed sucked- kept seeming like it would fall off.

I wish the Doubletree was cheaper