FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old May 1, 2014, 1:53 am
FlyingHigh20

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Im sorry but you will find that if you email BPG team they will confirm what I have origianlly said - your rate does not change, it is simple.
The BPG team says a lot of things and are inconsistent from one person to another. Half the time, the e-mails with the rules they send are from out of date T&Cs. All that matters is what's posted on the website.

In the case house use comp wipes the rate out, you/they still have your original booking. However vague it is, if you have have this problem get the team to clarify it.
Many hotels can't see the original booking once it's been altered. From what I was told, the only trail they can see is the original booking price. When the "comp" is layered onto the rate, it removes all traces/history of what "package" was booked, but keeps a log of the initial cost at which the room was booked at .

Regardless, it's not a big issue for me. I'm getting the room for free...I really don't mind if the breakfast is removed. At that point, I'm just getting greedy. $12 for a breakfast after a $150-$200 room has been comped is an amazing deal.