FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:47 am
EdmontonTraveller

Originally Posted by PDXracer
This is great news since I am flying PDX-YVR-YUL the first week of June (for F1)

Just got signed up with PreC last month.

Now if only I didnt have to pay a fortune to pick my seats. (waiting til day before to see if I can get my window seats)
Bad news - Portland is one of 7 airports AC flies from where PreCheck won't be available on opening day.

Anyone care to explain (or speculate) why these airports - MCI, DTW, PDX, CMH - aren't on the initial list? I'd guess terminal check-in equipment, maybe some older CUTE gear, or worse: AC computers that haven't upgraded? But I have no idea - would love to hear why. And...will UA/AC connections from one of the unnamed airports w/ PreCheck print a valid PreCheck boarding pass? e.g. ABQ-LAX-YVR? AC-AC? UA-AC? Will I have to reprint @ LAX for my In-n-Out burger run? Presser gave a vague "from certain connecting airports" comment.

Note: The seven are also ineligible for AC mobile boarding pass, but some PreCheck airports (HNL, MKE) are also no-go for mobile BP. TSA BP scanning equipment the issue?

Good news - despite online (and mobile?) check-in being broken on Day 1, you'll at least be notified that you're eligible for PreCheck - easier to plan my day w/ info.

Thanks for any insight.