FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:00 am
yorkboy24

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Pullman Arcadia Naithon Phuket

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Arcadia Naithon Phuket

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes - very.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Used Adv Plus to book basic room the day before, paid an additional 20USD to upgrade to next category. Was upgraded to Ocean View upon check in.

- How are the rooms?
Excellent. Clean, well designed rooms. White colour scheme which balances the modern Pullman touch with a classical wooden feel. Almost everything has been thought of - natural mosquito spray and coils provided, a beach bag with towels, 4 bottles of water daily rather than 2, two sets of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, free soft drinks in minibar (5 cans of different drinks), 5 pieces of free laundry per stay etc..

- What was good and what was bad?

Good: 2 welcome drinks given (used for cocktails, wine, beer etc) and same for Gold or Platinum members. You could get a decent glass of Riesling (on the menu for nearly 400 baht ++) with it. Excellent unobstructed sea view (apart from the odd tree). You can hear the waves as you sleep. Nice balcony with sofa style seating. Choose building C for the best views and to remain close to the reception and restaurants. Great food, including a good selection of seafood after 6pm in the main restaurant and a chic Italian restaurant open for dinner (which I didn't have time to try). The chef can adapt any dish to suit your taste - try the kale in oyster sauce as there are a lack of vegetable options on the menu. Water and fruit served by the pool. Modern gym with latest machines (fruit basket, water etc provided). Very friendly staff who clearly love their job. Breakfast is amazing (one of the best I've seen) but prices reflect that (around 800 baht per person) but if you have advantage plus, it's great value and you won't need any lunch! Points posted within 24 hours after check out.

Bad: 5 pieces of laundry billed but were removed immediately when I spotted this. Misunderstanding with taxi upon departure. Lady thought I wanted to order one to the Novotel when I said I was waiting for one I'd prebooked with a private company. Taxi turns up with driver saying 'Novotel' so I thought it must be mine. Realised when arrived at Novotel that it wasn't the one I pre-booked as he was asking for a lot more! Novotel called Pullman and told taxi driver to go back. I transferred the original amount by Paypal to company who turned up for nothing. The next day, Pullman called me and said they want to offer me a complimentary transfer from Novotel back to the airport. Although the mix up was bad, the way the situation was handled was excellent and this improved my overall rating of my stay. Well done Pullman.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
N/A but they are thinking about introducing some sort of area for members in future (probably a lounge just for refreshments rather than a breakfast offering I think).

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes. Used Adv Plus then used vouchers to pay. Prices can be high for Thailand so wait for a sale or a good deal with breakfast (as it is quite expensive at 800 baht per person). Will definitely return. GM is really interested in customer feedback. He was away on business in Bangkok yet he still tried to call my room to welcome me! One of my top 5 Accor hotels.