FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions *now with WikiPost* {pre-2015 Archive}
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:10 pm
rob_flies_ua

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by hobo13
So, it's odd. At the moment, I can't replicate it. Yesterday, I was flying home and wanted to put a stopover at my final connection point. Actually logged into united.com from an A320 in the air (painfully slow -- I'm too cheap to pay for wifi!). I was able to change to a Weds flight. Pretty sure I dropped the locator into the OLCI 'other check-in options' box -- name and locator. It presented radio buttons for 3 days -- yesterday, today and tomorrow. I clicked tomorrow, and it showed me options for Weds. I took one.

This morning, I went back in the same way. It showed me flight change options with radio buttons for today, tomorrow, Thurs. I chose Thurs, and made the change.

But now when I try to put in name / locator, it just says 'your flight is over 24 hours from now' (which is true). So I guess we'll have to see what happens when I get within 24 hours again -- will it give me flight change options for the next 2 days? or just the 24 hours like usual? (actually it was more than 48 hours -- really 2 full calendar days + current day).

As I think about it, all 3 times I've seen this, I had some sort of irrops / protection. 2 years ago, I was rebooked in Y. On the outbound of this trip (separate ticket) I was rebooked in Y. On this trip, I had an auto-protection show up in my locator in Y. (made the flight, so it's just sitting there)
I've only seen the multi-day flight change options (today, tomorrow, day after) with potentially other airports (LAX, SAN, BUR for example) when somehow, some part of my reservation got marked for irrops - even a 5 minute delay on an earlier segment that didn't cause a misconnect.