FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:46 pm
XCstud

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
I stayed here with the family over easter weekend and had a DSU to a king suite on the 8th floor and I'll echo a lot of the comments of the previous poster.

The room was great - large living room with dining table desk and wrap around sofa. No sofabed, but the sofa is large enough and has nice wide flat cushions for somebody to sleep on. They brough sheets and a blanket and we used the living room sofa as a bed for our 3 yr old. They even woudl put a bottle of water and glass on a small stool next to the couch and turn down her bed during the evening turndown service.

We got a welcome fruit plate and bottle of wine in addition to the 1000 pt diamond amenity. They didn't take a credit card at check in which I didn't realize at the time - not sure if that is normal or just an inexperienced guy at the desk - but I ordered room service one night and they couldn't charge it to the room and the guy had to come back and take a credit card to pay for the meal. I went down to the front desk the next morning and gave them my credit card to run so that I could charge to the room.

Room service food was good and extremely cheap by room service standards. No delivery fee or additional service charge were added to the bill like I see in most hotels. I had a nice cheeseburger for 30 TL.

We went to the Easter brunch at the 34 restuarant and it was amazing. 75 TL for all you can eat with tea, coffee and water included. I'm not sure if it was the same spread as the normal easter buffet or if it was better because it was Easter, but it was high quality.

I was also amused by the metal detector and I never walked through it either and I wondered why it was there and manned.

The hotel is about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the Kabatas tram station which will take you into the historic/older part of Istanbul for 3 TL. Taxis are inexpensive as well and we took one to the Grand Bazaar from the hotel for less than 25 TL...maybe under 20 TL. We really enjoyed the stay and the service here.