FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Conference Center {US-FL}
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:23 pm
orr333

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
I have stayed here 50 nights in the last 2 years. I like this property. They still have an executive lounge but recently beer and wine became a cash payment item. Still, appetizers are decent. Being a DBLTree, breakfast may be available but if you are Silver, not sure what that gets you.

The pool area is nice. Bar area is decent. Rooms are never an issue for me. I really like the high floors on the airport side. Airport noise is not an issue for me.

The attached Merchandise Mart is kind of fun to walk around....not like a typical mall. Lots of bulk stores with jewelery, etc. I think the high conentration of visitors from South America to shop is the draw for the Mart as well as the very close by Dolphin Mall.

NOTHING is in walking distance. Have a car or forget about it. Traffic is nuts here (pretty much anywhere in Dade County). This hotel sits at the (under construction) corner of the Dolphin and Palmetto Expressways which are 2 of the heaviest travel routes in the area.

Parking is $7 per night and always enough available.

I have also stayed at the Hilton MIA Airport quite a few nights. Nice - but not the best Hilton I have been to. Really nice pool area but again, no car would be an issue. The Blue Lagoon area is nice though.