FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:45 am
I can see for miles

Originally Posted by SeekGreatDeal
Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally ended the long SCC process. It's a great learning process for me. I would like to provide my data point for any future MS reference.
I sued Bank of America(FIA CARD SERVICES) at my local SCC. After several serve, the judge finally confirmed that I delivered my document to the right place, and she began to defend for the defendant(Bank of America never send anybody to the court. Don't assume that if you don't show up in the court(if you get sued) you will automatically lose). I was told by the judge that my points have 0 value. SCC only deals with monetary issue, I should file in circuit court to get my points back and these rewards won't matter that much to me if I don't have it(it's true, I still have to move on to my life without it). Nothing ever mentioned about the T&C which I worried the most that I agreed the bank to close my account whenever they want when I signed up for the card. So lesson learned from my SCC filing: (1) Judge does not necessary always represents justice. If you don't show up in a court, you may still win your case if the judge stands by your side. (2)Redeem your rewards as soon as possible and don't leave on bank's hand (I had more than $500 could be redeemed before the closure). The people get their rewards back through SCC are really lucky to have a judge who doesn't take the side of the bank.
If this is true, that's insane. I'd like to hear from someone who works in the judicial system. A judge can judge AND defend the defendant? I have never heard of this and would be dismayed to learn that this is true.