FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014: Favorite Android App
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:13 am
IsleOfMan

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I like the TripIt app, especially along with TripIt Pro. At my last job we used Egencia to book travel, which automatically dumped reservation details into Outlook IF you booked through their portal, which was easier but I MUCH prefer being able to aggregate reservation details from any booking source.

I also like GateGuru for finding what restaurants/shops are at airport terminals/concourses and whether it's worth walking to a different concourse/terminal for something better.

Pulse News is my biggest time killer, mostly aggregating various tech blogs.

DashClock is an excellent customizable lockscreen/homescreen widget... I use it exclusively on the home screen and it presents a good amount of useful information through extensions in a fairly minimalist format. You do have to pay attention to what wallpaper you use, though, so as to not wash out the white text.

DynamicNotifications is a great customizable app that brings the Motorola ActiveNotification system to other non-Moto phones. I use it as a lock screen replacement. It's even more useful for desk-dwellers, especially with a dock, as notifications will "breath", re-presenting themselves at a set interval until you dismiss them. It works best on AMOLED screens where black pixels are completely off/unpowered, but it works fine on LCD as well.

I also use Google Now Launcher and all of my widgets scroll just fine (Dash Clock and Event Flow). I'm not sure if being on a Galaxy S4 running a GPE ROM makes a difference, since the S4 GPE is officially supported by Google Now Launcher.