FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Meriden, CT [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:26 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I am in the hotel now. I was at the Sheraton Hartford South which is 10 minutes away on Saturday. If you read this thread you will see that over time I have liked this hotel.

NOT ANY MORE.

Checked in this afternoon. They gave me the wrong wifi password and when I called down stairs the phone didn't work. They sent someone to look at the phone and it was still broken later that night.

Two computers in the lobby but only one can print but in the past both could. They have whatever version of windows that no one can easily use especially us Mac people.

My new upgraded suite has NO plugs that can be accessed by a desk or night table. The hvac still has no thermostat and the one in the bedroom has no auto setting so live with what you set.

To add insult to injury I came back after dinner and the wifi in the entire hotel is down. The woman at the desk said she and the GM called their wifi provider three times each and they didn't answer. Go figure. Guess it was the low bidder.

Last time I was here one elevator was out and from the lights in the lobby and a sign on the second floor it looks like it still is.

IMHO the new owners have not helped this property out the least bit but turned it into a wreck. If the rates are close go to the Sheraton Hartford South as it is close and a really nice hotel. If you want a cheap room with a hotel bar (it's like the only bar around) and not much else stay here.

Last edited by abk; Apr 29, 2014 at 7:14 pm Reason: cleaning up my rant