FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS flight with at seat power-thoughts
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:26 pm
austin_res

Programs: AA, UA
I flew AUS-SEA nonstop on Alaska last Friday, in First on the 737-900. The airplane did not have winglets, so probably not a -900ER. The seat had the power ports. No divider between first and coach.

Originally Posted by gaiusbaltar
Speaking of potty...here's a question I've always wondered. At what point do the FAs allow you to go to bathroom? Obviously not at takeoff!
I believe when the FAs are seated then they are not supposed to allow people to use bathrooms, but there have been exceptions:
1) AA flight JFK-AUS, we were sitting in a long line for takeoff and the girl next to me heads to the bathroom. She explains to the FA she can't hold it much longer so the FA talks to the pilot and then lets her proceed to the bathroom.
2) AA flight NRT-DFW, after landing at DFW the pilot stopped the plane and announced "our gate is still occupied". One FA as well as a girl use the bathroom.
3) On several flights, in the final landing phase after all FAs have been instructed to be seated, I have seen people make a bee-line for the bathroom.