FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong: Upper house?
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:43 pm
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by sfolawyer
We just stayed at Upper House for five nights, and I don't understand the mixed reviews. It was one of the finest hotel experiences we have had. The physical plant is unique and elegant, and the restaurant is terrific--not at all a hotel restaurant but an excellent place in its own right. Most important here is the service, which is very personalized and attentive without ever being intrusive.

You really can't go wrong here with the large and nicely finished rooms, the great views and the fine service. You won't want to leave!

(I will note that one of the other hotels we considered, the Intercontinental, is very dated, and I am very glad we did not stay there based on a visit to have dinner one night. The other contender, the Four Seasons, looked very nice based on a walk through but is a large hotel that would be a very different experience from the unique Upper House.)
Agree on the whole there. Upper House is a great choice - especially with the extra space you get (730 sq ft the smallest room; two upgrades gives you 1,300 sq ft). Their furnishings really are top-notch...absolutely splendid interior design as well.

Also love their complimentary mini-bar. Views are stunning.

A couple of things about the InterCon HK:
- some of the finest dining in the city (SPOON, Yan Toh Heen, The Steak House)
- Unbeatable views
- Very nice executive/club lounge