FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:40 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Flygirl98
Hey Brian! Let me see if I can help you out and to all the senior flyguys and flygirls please cut me some slack if I get this one wrong! Keep the card open until the statement closes. Then wait for your miles to post to your AA account. They usually post one full day plus a few hours after midnight. So if your statement closing date is May 16th, check back on the morning of May 18th and they should be in your AA account. That said, apparently a lot of flyers have been having trouble getting their points to transfer properly - at which point you need to keep your account open until they transfer otherwise you will risk losing your 110K miles. (And read all the posts about people in similar situations!)

As long as you are past 8 days from when you applied for the AA card then you are good to go with the Hilton Visa. However, it's my understanding that they don't transfer credit from another card unless you actually have to call Citi. So, if you get an automatic approval, you won't have the opportunity to transfer the credit line. Hope this answer is correct, I'm sure I will be corrected if it's not. I'm a NEWBEE too, and I've also read what seems like a thousand posts! Cheers!!
Originally Posted by Flygirl98
I forgot a few things you have at least 30 and most likely 37 (according to all the posts) days from when the AF is posted to your account to close the card and get a refund of the full $450. So just wait for those miles to transfer after your statement closes, and once they are actually IN your AA account, you are good to go with closing it. It's best to pay off the 10K before the statement closes, otherwise your credit utilization will be too high and it might adversely affect your credit score. They say its best to have a small balance on your statement-- and since you should be getting a $450 refund, you might want to pay $9000 and the rest after the statement closes.
Are you sure you are a NEWBEE ? That was probably one of the most complete, accurate and helpful series of posts I have ever read on FT. Excellent job.

Last edited by Brugge; Apr 26, 2014 at 9:49 am