FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:15 am
Szamboti

I called UA this morning. I asked to see if it was possible to lock my reservation in Nov. Was on hold for about a half an hr as the rep there said that she had her supervisor looking at this. After that 30 min, she came back on and basically told me that they were investigating and that my "record had been noted that I called". I then asked her, "so basically the answer is that it is NOT currently possible to lock my reservation and to prevent it from being cancelled online?" Answer:"Thats correct...its not possible to prevent this right now. We are working on it..."

Then she told me to check my reservation daily. really? thats helpful and im sure if one day i look and it says cancelled that all the time ive spent checking it over the months leading up to november will be time well spent because they will do exactly what? try to rebook me on super inconvenient flights on UA that require me to leave a day earlier or later?

This is very frustrating and has really eroded my faith that any UA ticket booked into a premium cabin on a partner flight is safe, even in the middle of flying your connecting flight could be mysteriously cancelled. Unreal