FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:05 pm
NYflier2013

Hi, I originally had a JFK-HKG-HND in cx f and NRT-JFK in jl f for early Feb 2015.

Later on I found an f seat in MH3 for March which I wanted to try so I tried to change my itinerary to JFK-LHR-KUL-NRT-JFK. BA F, MH F, JL J (SS6), JL F(SS7) respectively. The had trouble finding the JL flights even using the revenue seat system but I told him to look at my original itinerary and he understood what needs to be done and was able to piece the ticket together.

However, when I tried to book it the agent quoted me 160k instead of 120k stating it's because I'm going through south east Asia. I didn't have enough miles at that point so I asked the agent to put it on hold.

A couple days later, I called back in the hopes of possibly getting a lower quote. Turns out I was a few hours late so the seats were released but the lady who helped me was able to pull up the same flights and quoted me 120k. At which point I quickly ticketed the award and hung up so they can't reneg on the rate.

I'm curious, did I get lucky or was it suppose to be 120k anyway?

One thing that was interesting was I thought all first awards on ow is ticketed in z but on the mh flight on my itinerary it's p. Just that mh flight, all others are in z for f or u for j.

Anyway, thought I'd share my experience.