FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asking appropriate service Recovery from a hotel?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:11 am
jli

Programs: SPG, Marriott Rewards
I guess it's alright for me to tell which property, it's the Plaza Athenee in Bangkok. It turned out the sensor of the central water tank at the property did not work that night so no water was pumped from the ground to the water tank. I'm not sure how many guests were affected as the problem occurred at midnight so I hope we were just the only unlucky one . Not sure the occupancy rate but from my observation the hotel was quite empty during my stay.

Overall I Highly recommend this hotel to everyone, breakfast was great with lots of selections. Lounge was huge with nice coffee and evening cocktail. The spa was also awesome and they also got a nice pool too. The original junior suite we stayed and the later deluxe suite that we were moved to are both nice indeed. They are both nicely decorated and I don't think it's actually that old as some in FT said. Only just because this hotel is in Bangkok where there are many new hotels and competitions around so they need to do a renovation, I don't think there's such a need to do so at this stage if this hotel is in North America .

I'd also like to thanks many of them including Carl, the director of sales, who was so attentive over the issue and I know he was so busy as he had to deal with a wedding ceremony for a group of Indian on the same day as well. Manaschai, the assistant front office manager who came over with his team at night to solve the problem and a female associate (don't remember her name) who checked me and was so cheerful each of the time we saw her in the lobby. Lastly the Hotel Manager Gilles, which he came personally on the date of my check-out. ^^