FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:29 am
yorkboy24

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes despite a problem with status recognition and points.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 3 club floor rooms. Mine upgraded to Junior Suite after getting out my begging bowl. They said there was no availability but when I said there were several suites available to book yesterday on the Accor website, a suite suddenly became available with the excuse someone just checked out. It was clear this was not true.

- How are the rooms?
Clean spacious rooms.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good: swimming pool , direct access to several shopping centers in Bukit Bintang, nice breakfast.

Bad: No welcome drink, no welcome gift, points for 1 room credited rather than for maximum of 2. Reluctant to upgrade despite paying for 3 club rooms.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Already paid as was gold at time of booking. Lounge quite small but good variety of snacks for a Novotel (more snacks than Sofitel Sukhumvit!). Breakfast is almost exactly the same as downstairs. One day the orange juice was like orange cordial in the lounge. Staff mostly Filipinos training with Accor but 2 of them were exceptional and should be training the local staff. Some staff messed up orders, e.g. Mixing up egg orders, no milk or sugar with coffee, no straw, no spoon - all the small things!

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Yes - simply for the great location. Don't get a taxi from the airport arriving between 5 - 7pm as the traffic is a nightmare - the worst I've seen.