FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:36 pm
CLEHillbilly

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by litesleeper
Wanted to share the latest on my status. Thanks to you guys on FT, I was contacted by UA, and have since been offered a replacement trip on UA metal. I had been looking forward to checking our Air China's "forbidden Pavillion", but I guess I know now why it's called Forbidden Pavillion. You can't go there, it gets cancelled on you!

Anyway, they are also refunding the $200 I spent to redeposit the miles to my MP account.

I will be using pre-deval point levels on this as well, as I had on the original booking.

Fortunately, I didn't have any other exposure to loss of deposits such as ground transportation or hotel bookings, etc.

My trip is in mid-June.

Although it's been a rough couple weeks, at least it looks like the ending is a lot better than it could have been.

Thanks again, everyone!
Glad to hear that UA is at least helping some of you out, even if not on CA metal but now on UA. ^

U gotta wonder how many others out there not on FT have been affected by this glitch/hack/whatever it was. I was considering a CA leg myself for a trip but now I will stick with NH/TG/OZ.