FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:10 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
Alright, who knows the answer to this one.

By conventional wisdom, Citi will auto-deny app if you have >6 inquiries on the bureau Citi pulls from in the last 6 mo. What exactly constitutes last 6 mo to Citi? Is it the # of days (180?), or 6 months ago on the present day? I am going to cut it very close on my next app so I would like to be as accurate as I can.
I know the answer, I know the answer.

The correct answer, it being Citi after all, is: YMMV.

There are data points on this thread of people denied with 6 inquiries. There are also recent reports of people with extensive history with Citi of being approved instantly with 11 inquiries. And even one report, that being mine, of being approved after extensive discussion with Recon, with 14 inquiries in the past 6 months.

To make it more confusing, I've never seen anyone here define "6 months". So it could be x # of days, or first day of month to first day of month, or maybe they just use their Magic 8Ball? We do know that Citi isn't good at math, that's why the 60 day waiting period has become the 65 day rule.

I hope that helps.