FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:59 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wholeinone04
Last two Citi Card(Hhonors and Exec) approvals forced me to move credit around bc I was maxed out so I'm probably gonna do a second exec but under my wife's name and use loyal3 to hit the spend req. of 10k.

If I get all the spend done in the first week, do I have two months(from app date) to cancel the card and get the $450 AF refunded? Would I also get to keep the $200 SC thus making this deal even better?

My plan is to hit the 10k spend in the first week, wait until the points post after the first statement(1-1.5 months later) and then cancel right before the 2 month mark. If points don't post before 2 months, I won't risk it and I'll just pay the AF. Another $250 for 100k pts ain't bad
You haven't already applied for multiple EXEC cards in your wife's name because of what?

See my post just before yours.

The answer of when the AF is due is as follows: 37 days after the fee posts on your statement. Your first statement may post, according to the various data points here, anywhere from 2 days before you receive your card, to a about a month after your app date. But to complicate it more, your first statement may or may not contain the AF. So your AF will be due somewhere between 37 days after your app, and almost 3 months from your app date. Talk about YMMV