FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice with possible anxiety on long haul flight
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:45 pm
Mike2K

Programs: MR Platinum, and a certain status at an unnamed airline
Exclamation Need advice with possible anxiety on long haul flight

Hi everyone!
I'm relatively new to FlyerTalk, but a veteran flyer. I'm only 17 years old and have currently 130,000 miles under my belt. I'm running into a small issue though. I am planning on flying to NRT tomorrow for a short trip to Tokyo. It looks like I'll be flying out of EWR and back through IAH. It seems I am experiencing a great amount of hesitation to actually go. I'm traveling standby in J so I really have no financial stake in my flight if I don't go, which I think is aiding my hesitation. As of today, the longest flight I've flown is FCO-IAD, but for some reason I'm very stressed out and hesitant just thinking about the amount of time onboard between EWR and NRT. I can tell you that part of my hesitation is the stories of turbulence over parts of Alaska and the Pacific. While I realize my fear of turbulence is irrational, it still contributes. I'm disappointed in myself that I've let this get in my way of traveling the world and I wanted to see if anybody would be willing to share any ideas or thoughts on the issue. I'd appreciate any feedback! Thanks!