FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Consolidated LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:49 am
bzcat

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm trying to convince my mother in law to join us in HNL, which means she must fly alone HNL-LAX-YUL, UA+AC. She is relatively terrified of solo travel. Couple of questions:

1) Is there an airside connection T7->T2, or will she have to exit and re-clear security?
2) Bags checked in HNL will automatically transfer to AC, no need to pick up and re-drop off on belt since domestic -> international, right?
3) Am I crazy to tell her to transit LAX alone, and should I look for a better flight?
1. No airside connection. Must take shuttle or walk from T7 to T2 and re-enter security
2. Bags should be screened for international departure @ HNL so will be transferred automatically @ LAX. No need to pickup... however, make sure it is tagged correctly.
3. If she is uncomfortable traveling alone, LAX is not a good airport for her because the COMPLETE lack of signage and confusing transfer for novice travelers. I think SFO would be easier for her as there is air side connection.