FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated BOM (Mumbai) logistics / connections / lounges
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 am
mh3265a

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by JDT1955
Here's a related question. I am going to Goa in October, planning to fly EWR-BOM on 48, arriving (in theory) at 2040 and needing to transfer to the domestic terminal. The only flight after 48's arrival departs at 2235. My question is whether there is any realistic likelihood of making this connection or if I should just get a room overnight and reload for the next day? Any recommendations on a hotel between the international and domestic terminals? How much time should I allocate on the return domestic-international transfer? Thanks for your advice! I recall in the past it's been a mess xferring in Mumbai, and I'm not sure if the new T2 has made it better or worse!
I connected from Goa to the UA BOM-EWR flight and had exactly 4 hours for the connection. I needed and used that 4 hours. We made our connection with VERY VERY little time to spare. As bluedemon211 indicated, overnighting is safest and not too expensive. You can always take an earlier Goa flight on Jet too.