FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:14 am
Ghentleman

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by echino
I was in the BRU lounge on April 18, and nearly missed by LH flight BRU-FRA. 20 minutes before departure, the flight screen says boarding not started yet. 16 minutes before departure, the screen says boarding. I take my stuff and the screen immediately says final call. The screen says walking time to the gate is 1 minute. I run, but it's not anywhere near 1 minute. It's going around, then up the escalator, then a long walk, and by the time I reached the gate they were going to close. I was the last passenger to board, the door closed behind me and we departed right away.
Noticed this too: going from boarding to last call very quickly. Now aggravated by the new location of the lounge: the walking time is from the old lounge location, not from the temporary one, which is one floor down.
No need however to go back and take the escalator or elevator near the café: there is also an escalator near gate 35: coming out of the lounge, turn right, then immediately left, the escalator is in front of you (behind the hordes of Ryanair pax) http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/cf/.../en/termmapnol