FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Financial Review discussion
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:26 pm
danville 1K
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by maddie5218
Let me get this straight.... FR comes usually when AMEX feels you "can't pay your bills." Does that mean if you spend, over all your AMEX cards, more than your annual income reported on your credit card, they will do a FR? Does this mean you should not spend more than your annual income? Or that if they find out you're spending more than you earn, they will shut you down? People have money besides what they earn annually. For all they know people could have a trust fund or have other people supporting them. Does this mean you should not spend more than your annual income with them? Just wondering from a MS standpoint because I can technically "spend" more than I earn, but if it'll get me shut down, I will not do it.
My wife has honed the ability to spend more than I make to a fine science... but she does it in stores and on tangible goods. Were she to be doing it on an MS basis with gift cards there is no doubt in my mind AMEX would be looking askance at us. In our case it probably helps that I've been a card member since 1973.