FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:39 pm
ILuvParis
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Just finished two nights here and was somewhat disappointed. Service seems to have deteriorated a bit. Housekeeping altered the thermostats in the room to a "more economical" setting, one of my pet peeves, especially in a supposedly luxury hotel.

Had Easter brunch in the Blue Duck and the food, while decent, was unmemorable. Not sure what I expected but at $95 a person with appetizers and desserts served buffet style, I would have at least like to have seen more effort on the main course. A 20% service charge was added to the bill for our party of 6.

Asked them to empty the mini-bar which is one of those weight-sensitive kinds, and the entire contents (plus an additional charge every time I removed one of my items stored there) appeared on my bill. Required several reminders to get that removed.

Guest services manager showed up to introduce himself when I was checking out, when it no longer mattered.

Sure, I'd stay here again, especially given the poor treatment I always get at the GH, but I'd hate to see the deterioration continue.
I take it your last sentence was tongue in cheek or misstated?