FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:13 pm
RafKa

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
2. Sorry, I wasn't clear enough; I'm actually a minor train buff so getting aboard the train is a destination in itself. If I wanted to have a longer train journey, of course I would board in Cuzco. However, because of the risk of alt sickness, I can't do Cuzco first, and would have to backtrack from TdI to Cuzco to board the train.
Being a "train buff", I think you should definitely consider doing one leg on the Hiram Bingham - it may be a budget stretch for some (including me) but probably a once in a lifetime experience. Perhaps on the return leg, so that you get the longer train ride (from AC to Poroy, outside Cuzco). That way, you can start your stay in the Sacred Valley, go to AC/MP, and from there to Cuzco. If not spending a night in AC, there will be left luggage storage at AC train station, I believe.