FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "This is not a Boarding Pass" - What is required for international online checkin?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:03 pm
warreng24

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Let me add some info. Online checkin got my BP's for all of the UA flights, BOS-SFO-ORD-LHR. It only gives me the "This is not a boarding pass" issue for the SK flight (LHR-CPH). Do you think the "this is not a boarding pass" will be good enough for the transit in LHR? I'll only have that until I can change terminals, re-clear security and get to the transfer desk.

Maybe, I might have to clear UK immigration & customs to go airside for SK check-in? This is all on the same 016 ticket stock.

Originally Posted by og
Are you in an exit row seat for LHR-CPH?
Nope. Just a regular economy seat. I'd previously called SK to get a seat assignment.

Originally Posted by aindfan
I don't have personal experience traveling on SK, but are you able to check in for LHR-CPH on the SK website using your SK PNR? (That's what I would have tried on LH.)
I tried. But, it didn't work. Said that I needed to wait (still 24+ hours before the SK flight).

Originally Posted by raybolt
I had that note for a trip earlier this year EWR-ua-NRT-nh-HKG for the NH flight. The agents at EWR couldn't do anything about NH BPs and said I had to wait until the xfer desk at NRT.

-dan
Odd. The couple of times I've flown NH (booked as a UA codeshare), the kiosk has even given me a BP. It doesn't scan at the NH gate though. NH has to re-print one to get it to scan.