FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flew in F on AS today..hated it
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:33 am
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by RollsRoyceAndy
And no feta or parmesan (or many others for that matter) cheese for you, from Wisconsin that is! The region specific mandate/copyright is a bit of protectionism being pushed by the EU. The number of people that could blind taste test high quality products from different parts of the world is very small. There should be nothing that prevents someone from trying to make something in the style of another region.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I know that; I was being facetious and should have used a smiley. In fact, I'm very critical when FAs refer to any sparkling wine as champagne.
RollsRoyceAndy, I enjoy California Sparkling Wines as well as Prosecco. I have no issues with "in the style of another region," just DO NOT call it by a region-specific name.

I've lived in New Hampshire for years. Some of my favorite cheeses are from Vermont (I actually, have gone to some pretty upscale Vermont cheese dinners at L'Espalier in Boston). I share Bourbon (from Kentucky) with all of my friends in Amsterdam.

This has nothing to do with "blind taste tests," but more so with accurately naming products.