FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:34 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by skyvanman
I was booked on a flight PEK-SYD in J but CA has no record of it. It still shows as ticketed on UA.com and UA pulls it up and even has a ticket number. UA has only offered to put me in coach despite the fact I am ticketed in J. UA Insider has done nothing and phone agents haven't either. Truly depressing service.
If you don't need a stopover at PEK, call back and ask UA to put you in J on their nonstop LAX-SYD flight, even if they must open up award space to do it.

Originally Posted by skyvanman
I have tickets booked on CA with seat assignments that were booked with US so it seems to be relegated to UA issued tickets. I have friends who have booked tickets with UA on CA that UA booked in F and never confirmed and by the time they realized it they had to downgrade them to J. Fortunately for UA that guy is not as strict on his dates as I am. This is just absolutely depressing.

I challenged to Premier Plat last year and would requalify if I felt like the airline cared about their customers, but it is too clear they don't. I've cleared out my account and am moving to a carrier that doesn't try to break contracts and leave their customers "hanging"
Were your friends ever ticketed (email receipt with ticket number) in F? If so, they were confirmed at that time, so it would look like their award space was cancelled.

Can US award tickets be cancelled with just the passenger's name and PNR/record locator? If not, your award ticket should be safe. However, with US now out of *A, if something did happen, it could be harder to fix because US can't alter award tickets involving *A carriers with which US doesn't have an explicit bilateral partnership arrangement now.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 22, 2014 at 4:57 am Reason: multi-quote