FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flew in F on AS today..hated it
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:48 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
They have really good pacific NW wines, beers, and I think their new vodka is distilled in Seattle.
To me, the word liquors doesn't normally include wine and beer.

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
It is impossible to be Cognac if it's from California, same as it's impossible to be Champagne if it's produced in California.

Cognac and Champagne are "region specific" beverages with very specific regulations vis-a-vis the grow areas and grapes.

I know that; I was being facetious and should have used a smiley. In fact, I'm very critical when FAs refer to any sparkling wine as champagne.

Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
Each airline has its own representative at the FAA who makes rules specific to that airline. This was especially relevant a year or so ago when different airlines had different policies regarding what was allowed in seatback pocket

In addition to many internationally known brands, AS serves a variety of liquors made by Sun Liquors in Seattle, such as a hazelnut espresso vodka.
Maybe the water bottles aren't distributed on AS so they can't end up in seat pockets.

Somehow I find the idea of hazelnut espresso vodka to be frightening. I wouldn't want it in a screwdriver.