FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier Launches Service from TTN to 3 New Airports
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:20 pm
EricR111

Originally Posted by rtalk25
Since at some point, TTN will be maxed out, it'd make sense to dedicate TTN to the slightly longer stage, destinational and profitable flights including MDW, ATL, DTW and MCO and non destinational, experimental, but over 500 mile distance smaller Midwest markets like STL, MKE and MSP if these prove possible past the summer season.
TTN will be at 73 flights/week in June, then dropping to 69 in August (I think they are moving a little flight capacity to CLE). If you have a flight leaving every two hours, starting at 6:30 AM from each gate, you could assume 8 flights/gate/day, or 112/week. So TTN probably has another 40 flights/week before being maxed out. My personal belief is that they should use those 40 to expand service to existing locations, rather than open new routes, except maybe for DEN, so TTN can tie into the whole network. My personal belief is that FLL could go daily, especially with the WN cutbacks in PHL, and MCO could go to 10-11x/week. MDW and ATL may not go to 2x daily each day of the week, but could go to 9-10x/week.

Conversely, if IND, MKE or BNA perform only moderately or weakly, they should be dropped to bolster the stronger routes.

It would also help to get the A320neos in service, since that would add 20% to a flight's capacity.