FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Belgian Beer Festival DO IV in BRU, April 26-27, 2014
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:05 am
Michilander

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
The cafe at Westvleteren is called "In De Vrede." You can Google it.

Plenty big enough, plus outdoor patio, so I don't think you'll have to wait in line in April. It's not in a very populated area. Of course, we went on a weekday and got there at opening.

Best way to get there is probably the train to Poperinge and then the "Belbus." This is a nationwide network of small bus service (seating about 12-14). You call a few hours ahead and reserve, as I don't think they run everywhere all the time except by demand. Pickup is right in front of the train station. As I recall, it's about 3 Euro each way.
Perfect! Thanks a bunch for the intel!

Originally Posted by polkacat
For anyone interested in meeting up for Night of the Great Thirst, the 1st hourly shuttle from Denderleuuw to Eizeringen on Friday is at 18:00 which we could catch by taking a 17:32 train from Midi. Maybe meet at 17:00 near Gare du Midi - there's a Park Inn across the street which should be easy to find, other suggestions also welcome.
Not sure I am going to be able to talk my wife into it as she wants to do non-beer related stuff, too. But, if I do, will they serve food there, or are you guys planning to have dinner before you go? How would I know you guys?