FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:16 am
darmajaya

Programs: AegeanGold, *AGold, 1WorldSapphire, AAPlat, HHDiamond, HyattPlat, SPGGold
This is great to know! I just got my *A G after last week's flight and am flying again this weekend on *A. So I was wondering about the lounge access vs not having actual Gold card yet.

Thank you for posting!

PS: is there an upgrade benefit at all as a *AG? just wondering....thanks all

Originally Posted by msupp
Not sure where to write this, so I'll put it here. I qualified for A3*G about a week ago, and I am flying HEL-OSL-LHR with SAS. Unfortunately SAS did not recognise the upgrade yet, so my boarding pass still says A3*S. However, I brought with me the email print out from Aegean congratulating me for getting to gold, and also printed off my account history from Aegean.

Even with no *G card, and a boarding pass that said *S, I was let into both Helsinki and Oslo lounges, and the help desk at OSL was even kind enough to call up to the lounge to notify them of my situation. From what I understand, this is a far cry from how LH operates, and I was pleasantly surprised.