FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Kiosk Process for Green Card Holders
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:09 am
mre5765
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by nycflyer75
I used the new machines for the first time at YYZ terminal 3 pre-clearance and I could not figure out, how to use the glass surface (scan passports) to pull up the info on the back of my green card. [...]

So now how do we actually use the machines? The old and the new? I have another trip coming up and will be coming back through JFK T4.
Well there is nothing on the back of your green card that the kiosk wants. It is all on the face of your card.

Look at your passport. Now look at the front of the green card. You should see a similar pattern that has a bunch of < symbols with your name. The instructions for using your green card are the same as using your passport. If your GE was tied to your passport, you would insert the page with the < symbols face up. Because the passport has a spine, the process is of course error proof.

With a green card, there is no spine, so the procees is error prone. Insert your green card face up, inserting the edge of the card that is nearest the chin of your photo. It is the same as how a passport would be inserted.

Next time you go to the airport, get there early, and go to the GE enrollment office and request a lesson.

Last edited by mre5765; Apr 26, 2014 at 8:47 am