FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Live Trip Report: MAN-LHR-HEL
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:58 am
OldHigsonian

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Where's the second security queue? I'm not sure I really saw an older section? As we walked into the check in area from outside, I noticed there was a sign to Departure Gates at the very far left of the building, but there was also another sign pointing to the right, so we headed to the right.
Its at the hotel end of the building, you would have walked past it twice, once as you walked from the hotel to the main terminal and then airside as you walked from security to gate 30 something.

Generally helsinki security moves pretty fast. Often on a monday morning there are long queues, but they move at a fair rate.

I dont think anyone gets down the fast track line unless you have AY on your boarding card. No chance with a BA flight number.

The main finnair lounge (2nd one you visited) seems to be better later in the day. Certainly in the evenings I have had a good selection of hot food. I think it is focused on the asian long haul flights. However, it does get busy late afternoon as you get the evening peak for european flights, including people transfering from the inbound asian flights.

I think they are building another lounge somewhere nearby?