FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Freedom Non-Signature to VISA Signature Denied
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:02 pm
halamadrid

Originally Posted by newuser0
I got a $2.5K auto CLI from Chase so my current CL on my freedom card is $5.5K. I have called chase, Send SM, contacted EO. All were NOT able to upgrade me to Signature Version of this card.

Any suggestions?
Originally Posted by Happy
I can tell you that my husband has a Freedom that is almost 6 years old, 22K credit line but is denied to upgrade to a Visa Signature despite the front line phone rep cheerfully said that should not be any problem and just needed to submit a request. Yet, he got a letter of denial without any reason stated. This was 6 months ago. 18 months ago he requested the upgrade via SM, and was denied.

Who knows what is the real reason or lack thereof, behind it? In my husband's case, it definitely is not the issue of credit line, nor the history of the card.
There's a way to get around this issue by requesting product change to Sapphire. You have to ask for the Sapphire to be a Visa Signature and they will do the two changes. Once you have the Sapphire you can call to do a product change back to Freedom at which point you already have a Visa Signature and the Freedom account will continue to be a Visa Signature. Good luck.