FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 20, 2014, 3:15 pm
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by snic
Really? So we should just roll over and play dead in a situation like this? Let UA get away with their utterly unacceptable lack of security so that this can keep happening to people?

No. I would be grateful to anyone who has experienced this if they make as big and public a stink about it as they can.
Unfortunately, making a big stink, which I did, including emailing/talking to 5 different escalated CS reps at UA, takes a lot of time and yielded me absolutely nothing.

I am just trying to save OP from wasting more time like me. If there was a chance that OP would prevail, I would say go ahead, but I have yet to read of anyone getting anywhere with this issue, beyond a rebooking on UA metal.

The real lesson here is that *A members should watch their Asian award bookings like a hawk, and maybe have back-up reservations. Because of this situation, I will no longer book anything on CA/BR without a back-up.

By the way, isn't there an APP that tells you immediately when any of your reservations has been changed? That certainly would be useful for this situation.

Last edited by zombietooth; Apr 20, 2014 at 3:23 pm