FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Upgrades -- everyone pays (eff. 23 April 2014)
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:38 pm
JenniferNAz

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
You are right, I'm afraid.

I'm not typically a write-in kinda guy, but I did on this one and the no-notice change to the award chart -- AGAIN.

But I have absolutely no illusions. These guys simply do not care what customers think -- unless it's in enough numbers to have an impact on their spreadsheets. That's how this business is run.
I did speak with a supervisor at the Chairman's desk and she said that she would document and pass on my concern. She said they want to hear. Of course, she could just be saying that to get me off the phone, but I figure if nothing is said, nothing will change. At least if people call in/write in, there is a slight chance they might look at this again, at least for Plat and CP or something like that.

I have been trying to get part of a London trip for the fall upgraded before 4/23. While the cabins are wide open, they won't release any seats. There is a good chance it won't be an issue with my status at the time the trip comes up, but I would rather use miles and have it for sure. You would think they might want to have the miles too, vs a free upgrade, but inventory control wouldn't budge on it.