FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Live Trip Report: MAN-LHR-HEL
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:22 am
billinghamn

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Summary of our flight from LHR-MAN:

After picking up a Starbucks we finally arrived at the CCR and we received a warm welcome from the Lounge Guardian. We were straight on to the terrace where we received immediate attention from a server and we ordered breakfast no. 2. It turned out that breakfast no. 2 was much better than the first!

To be honest the service was so good I thought I might need to take out an injunction against the servers etc so we could enjoy our second breakfast... Seriously though, very impressed so far. We enjoyed the leisurely wait on the terrace and finally headed down to gate A9 for our short hop back to MAN.

The final flight of our trip got off to a delayed start due to 3 passengers deciding not to fly and their luggage needing to be offloads. Apparently one of the pax had left something at their hotel, so their change in plans had a small impact on us. Never mind - these things happen, and since there were no connections going to be impacted we were chilled about it.

Dozed through most of the flight - we must have taken off about 20 mins later than planned, but we were only in the air about 25 mins (or so it seemed), so we had touched down not far off when we should have.

Disembarking was speedy but came to an abrupt halt when no one opened up one of the doors to allow us to get into the baggage reclaim area. Finally through we were quickly back to the T3 Meet & Greet to pick up the car and within 30 mins we were back at home.

Whilst I was driving Vick was checking on the Norwich vas Liverpool score. I was too nervous to check, or hear anything, so billinghamv had clear instructions not to say anything. Anyway by the time we got home, there was about 5 mins to go and billinghamv was keen to get the TV on, so I knew it couldn't have been bad news. Watched the final few nervy minutes before the boys hung on and go 5 points clear at the top. Get in!