FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:33 am
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by 26point2orbust
Okay, I hadn't seen anything about that on airlineroute.net
It seems a little strange to switch to the 748 less than a year after they started flying the 773ER to SFO. If they knew that the 748 was coming soon, why not just keep the 744 to SFO until the 748 is available?

Air China's 744 is really dated...oh wait! so are the UA 744s!

Air China seems to be focused on revamping its international fleet and services and want to compete with others for premium passengers. I think the 773ER is a welcome change from the old 744s. Some of my clients have switched to CA 773ER from flying UA 744 on this route. The 744s have been re-assigned to fly PEK-SHA high-density domestic routes.

Air China has been expanding its international route network including start PEK-IAD service using the 773ER later this year.

As a UA loyalist for 23 years and a past Air China critic, Air China has really impressed me recently (I was too stubborn to try Air China and admit its improvenmet), and if it was not for GS benefits, I'd be choosing to fly Air China more to JFK and IAD (second half of the year).