FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United lounge access when flying award ticket with inherited status
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:13 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbm12
The official rule is that the lounge access benefit is not inherited via purchasing the award reservation from your account. What actually happens at the lounge may vary, but you should expect that the traveler does not gain access.
Although this may be true, the person you were answering was asking about TLV in particular. @ TLV there is no UA Club, and UA like all carriers besides LY and BA both of whom have their own lounges, everyone else uses the Dan Lounge.

I believe presenting your UA or *A G card wont be of any help, as every person who can access the lounge must get an Invite for the Lounge to hand them when entering from an agent at the check-in counter. In the past when flying in Y as a 1K I was presented with said Invite w/o having to ask for it. Since I travel alone I have no idea if they would also grant an Invite had I been traveling with anyone. But the Dan Lounge is not a UA lounge nor a *A G lounge.

My gut tells me since its not a UA or *A lounge that access will be for those with the proper status or in BF, w/o any guests who wouldn't qualify for access on their own. I will try to remember on Tues to ask but Im not flying UA but AC.

But it doesn't hurt to ask, I know some folks who were flying on the status of the person who gave them the tkts and they were told no Invite since they have no status regardless of what is printed on their BP, I guess its a YMMV issue all depending on the person checking them in