FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buddy pass LAX to Germany
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:08 am
BelmontRef

Originally Posted by username
I did my share of nonrev travel in a previous life when capacity was better and domestic first class upgrades still happened...

Anyway, I thought the purpose of the "not discussing" rule was to not upset the passenger next to you that they paid lots of money and you paid nothing - especially in premium cabins? Back then, there was no Flyertalk

It is a whole new game now with the limited capacity but also the availabiltiy of information on places like FT and at our fingertips when we travel.
As someone who has traveled non-rev in the past, all of the above is true. But, many employees have access to inventory and load information that would be considered proprietary information. Therefore, employees should not be providing that sort of information in a public forum. Strategies, etc., I think are fair game for discussion.

And for the OP, your travel sponsor is the best source of information because he or she probably does have access to far better load information than anyone here can provide.

Speaking of upsetting other pax, one time I was on a plane as a non-rev, a pax sat down next to me and did start bragging about how little he paid. I finally had to tell him STFU.